CM-Path announce new consumer roles to join the CM-Path Generic consent Strategy Group
Deadline: 1st January 2020
Interviews will take place on the 30th and 31st January 2020.
CM-Path require 2-3 consumers to help deliver a generic consent form for use in the NHS in the UK. CM-Path have
a vision to create a generic consent form that can be used across the UK to ensure that patients and all staff
involved in the collection and use of tissue know where they stand with regards to tissue being used for research.
We would like the consumer input to be as follows;
• Assess the feasibility of having such a generic consent form with key organisations in government and
• attend workshops and group discussions to make this become a reality
• help us to lobby at the highest level of relevant and appropriate organisations for this change
• write the generic consent form to ensure that it is appropriate and understandable by patients.
• develop the form and see this through to regulatory approval.
• help with dissemination and monitoring of uptake of the consent form as well as developing impact
assessments of this change.
If you have any queries about the role please email the CM-Path Programme Manager at email@example.com
‘Evidence shows overwhelmingly that patients want to be part of moving research into their disease forwards. Making that research as easy as possible for health professionals to do, benefits us all. We welcome a simplified way for patients to provide consent for their tissue and data to be used for this research, and therefore improving patient outcomes.’
Want to be kept up to date? Sign up to the NCRI newsletter and click ‘CM-Path’ in the type of updates you would like to receive.
Are you a patient or carer? Apply to be a consumer member on one of CM-Path’s work packages.
Have further questions? Contact the CM-Path Programme Manager, Helen Pitman.